August 5, 2019
26 Important Facts About Growing Up by Sorayah
“timeless”Source: 26 Important Facts About Growing Up | The Girl in All Leopard
Photo courtesy of Sorayah
- Your mom is ALWAYS right.
- There is nothing wrong with cutting people off with no warning. You don’t owe anyone an explanation that’s a toxic person in your life.
- Everyone will hurt you. You just have to figure out who’s worth the pain.
- Love hurts. But it’s also worth it.
- People who were once your friends will talk about you. More specifically, at the neighborhood bar on a Friday Night.
- It’s okay to NOT drink every weekend OR any chance you get.
- It’s also okay to sit at home on the weekends and do NOTHING.
- Not everyone will understand your dark personality. Don’t change because others are intimidated or see something wrong with it. There’s nothing wrong with you. There’s something wrong with them!
- PEOPLE SUCK!! But there’s still some good souls in this world.
- Go on vacation every chance you get. Life is more exciting when you’re somewhere new.
- Don’t be ashamed of who you are and don’t feel bad for sticking up for yourself!
- Stop prioritizing people who don’t give you the time of day.
- Always get even. Revenge is sweet when they least expect it.
- Don’t worry about fitting in. It’s better to be different and stand out.
- Alone time isn’t always lonely.
- Deep conditioning your hair & face masks are your bff’s.
- Stop caring what everyone thinks.
- Don’t feel bad for having expensive taste. Disregard everyone’s comments. If they could afford it, they’d buy it too.
- Always take pictures. Even if you don’t post them. Memories are priceless.
- Pay attention to who’s there when hard times hit. You’ll know who really cares.
- People CAN change, BUT let go of those who don’t change their toxic ways. They can bring you down with them.
- Life is way too short to worry all the time.
- The ones who criticize everything you do low key envy you.
- QUALITY OVER QUANTITY (Purses, Cars, Friends, Etc.)
- Make your moves in silence. Telling everyone will only get them to copy you.
- Karma is real. Everyone will get theirs in due time.
Interested in having content featured in an upcoming blog post or issue of The Burgundy Zine? Head on over to the submissions page!