Launched in 2019, The Burgundy Zine is a monthly digital zine covering the latest in news, entertainment, and more from an alternative perspective.
The Burgundy Zine also features regular content in the form of blog posts, photo stories, playlists, and more.
We are always eager to hear what’s on our reader’s minds. If you are interested in submitting content for the blog or digital zine, head on over to our submissions page.
Likewise, if you are interested in advertising on The Burgundy Zine website or in an upcoming issue of the digital zine, please refer to our page for advertisers.
For all other inquiries, please don’t be a stranger – our contact form is always open.
Meet the Contributors
burgundy bugSource: My Brain 21| Penelope Peru Photography P³
The bug behind the blog…
A cynical optimist, burgundy bug is the editor, graphic designer, and main photographer for The Burgundy Zine.
Curiosity may have killed the cat, but it’s got nothing on the bug. Her work embodies a wide variety of topics including: ecology, biology, neurology, cannabis, reviews, fashion, entertainment, and politics.
As far as credentials go, burgundy bug has 11 years of web design experience, she has been a content writer for two years, and she is also an established journalist at her college’s newspaper. As it currently stands, burgundy bug is wrapping up an Associate’s Degree in Liberal Arts as well as Journalism and intends on getting her graduate degree in Science Journalism.
If you are interested in learning more about the bug behind the blog or working with her, please visit our contact page.
- The Burgundy Zine #7: Art and Poetry
- The Burgundy Zine #6: Summer
- The Burgundy Zine #5: Be Present – Culture
- The Burgundy Zine #4: Cannabis
- The Burgundy Zine #3: Grow
- The Burgundy Zine Issue #2: Fashioning Passions
- The Burgundy Zine Issue #1: More Money, First Issues
- Water in Kilauea: The Impact and Potential Aftermath
- What’s Beneath Greenland May Not Be so Green
- What I’ve Learned From Writing
- Millennials Are Ghosting the Social Life and Burying Their Health, CVS Study Says
- Why We’re Seeing More Beached Gray Whales
- Philly Culture
- A Multigenerational Look at Video Game Culture
- The Evolution of Meme Culture
- Cannabis Culture: More Than Just Blowing Smoke
- Herbology’s Town Hall in Morton, Pa
- The History of Cannabis Use
- How to Get Your Medical Marijuana Card in Pennsylvania
- Longwood Gardens: Springing into the Peak of the Season
- Essay: “Cannabis: a Civil Right and Economic Miracle”
- Cigarettes: Over Romanticized and Over Done ’till Death
- Beetles Over Beef
- Hiking Through Central Oregon
- How Do You Know if You’re in Love?
- What Happens to Your Brain When You’re in Love
- Date Ideas When You’re Broke AF
- A Modern Look at the American Dream
- Don’t Spare Your Change
- CBS Refuses to Air Cannabis Advertisement During the Super Bowl
- The Downfall of Department Stores
- What to Expect During an Endoscopy
- Help! I’m Addicted to Stardew Valley
- Strain of the Week
- Tune-In Tuesdays
- Only Positivity
- What in the World Wednesdays
- U.S. Partial Government Shutdown
Co-Contributor & Music Producer
XtaSeay in Times Square, New YorkSource: XtaSeay Behind (Yellow) Bars | Penelope Peru Photography P3
XtaSeay is a chill-hop artist and music producer who co-contributes to The Burgundy Zine’s cannabis reviews in the series Strain of the Week, which goes live every Sunday.
XtaSeay has been a medicinal marijuana patient since 2018 and currently works in the industry, in addition to his career as a musician.
- Strain of the Week
- Tune-In Tuesdays #29 BONUS: XtaSeay’s Latest Releases
- Bug & XtaSeay’s Medical Marijuana Review: Sinderella by Grassroots
- Love She Travels: Five Things Love She Travels Has Learned from Traveling Solo
- Luna: Luna’s Love for Sewing
- Simon Holding:
- Elizabeth Tabler: Elizabeth Tabler’s “No Thank You” Bite
- Nimrah: Invest in Yourself by Nimrah
- Sarah Winton: Workwear Essentials by Sarah Winton
- Mel: Step Up on Climate Change by Mel
- JD: Keto Diet Vs The Mediterranean Diet
- Burgundy Bug & MomoKumo: Enjoy 15% Off Kawaii Merchandise at Peach Peach
- Emily Barnes:
- Alexis Ortiz (Miss Marijuana): 13 Real People Explain Why They Use CBD Oil For Anxiety by Miss Marijuana
- PA Purnell: Essay: I Am American
- Chloe Fry: Be Kinder to Yourself: Social Media by Chloe Fry
- Kara Masterson: Preparing Your Home for Summer: 4 Ways to Keep Your Family Cool and Content
- Rebecca Gibson: The B Word and Its Influence
- Winston: The Ultimate CBD Dosage Guide for Anxiety, Pain, Epilepsy, and More
- Ela Kaimo: Summer Makeup Guide
- @claws.by.paul, @rsbnails, @little_aurelia: Summer Nails of Instagram
- Sydni “Smoki Daze” Adams: Summer Lookbook
- Marshall James Kavanaugh: Favorite Memory
- GMonkeez: Artist Spotlight: GMonkeez on Instagram
- Patrick Gillespie: Haikus
- David “Wolfgar” Moore:
- Tiny Teri: Artist Spotlight: Tiny Teri
- The Black Bile:
- Brouge Morgan:
- @finallyfoundagoodusername: Artist Spotlight: finallyfoundagoodusername
- Fiona McHugh:
- Occidendum: Artist Spotlight: Occidendum
- SuperKirbyLover: Artist Spotlight: SuperKirbyLover
- Camille Mola: When Everything’s Changing
- Hala Karim:
- Ava-Rae: Looking For a Baby Model? Meet Ava-Rae
- D. AllBee: The Cycle of Self-Hatred: An Anthology
- Ke’Aysha S. (Stranded.Lens): Stranded Lens
Interested in having content featured in an upcoming blog or issue of The Burgundy Zine? Head on over to the submissions page!
For all other inquiries, please fulfill a contact form.