May 5, 2019
Monthly Newsletter #4: Getting Down to Cannabusiness
Cannabis photograph courtesy of Greene QueenSource: Greene Queen
Hey, the monthly newsletter technically isn’t late since it was released in the fourth issue on Apr 28. Anyways!
April showers bring May flowers, right? Well, this month was a bit more like a hurricane – and in a great way, really.
Between going to New York City, traveling around Pennsylvania for different articles and events, and wrapping up the spring semester at my college, this month seemed to be a never ending perfect storm of activity.
Mid-way through the month, we began our theme of cannabis with the essay Cannabis: a Civil Right and Economic Miracle.
After enjoying a stroll through Longwood Gardens in the article Longwood Gardens: Springing into the Peak of the Season, we went over How to Get Your Medical Marijuana Card in Pennsylvania.
XtaSeay and I also released our first cannabis review of the strain Sinderella by Grassroots, which evolved into our new weekly series Strain of the Week. We plan on extending this series beyond the month of April, reviewing a different strain of medicinal cannabis every Sunday.
Then, we dived into How CBD Took the World by Storm.
We were also thrilled to feature the article 13 Real People Explain Why They Use CBD Oil for Anxiety by Alexis Ortiz from the Miss Marijuana blog.
XtaSeay and I released our last Strain of the Week for the month of April with a review of the Blue Lemonade vape cartridge by Terrapin.
We wrapped up this month by interviewing a long time cannabis enthusiast for a little insight as to why they use.
We can’t thank everyone enough for another wonderful month of blogging. If you’d like to see the highlights from April, head on over to P³!
Articles Published in April 2019
- Apr. 2, 2019: Monthly Newsletter #3: Springing into Things
- Apr. 2, 2019: Tune-In Tuesdays #12: WHEN WE ALL FALL ASLEEP, WHERE DO WE GO? by Billie Eilish
- Apr. 2, 2019: Tune-In Tuesdays #12 BONUS: Star Blsts draft by XtaSeay
- Apr. 6, 2019: The Ghost and the Writer: Hauntingly Sweet
- Apr. 6, 2019: Weekly Newsletter #14: Wait, It’s Not Sunday…
- Apr. 8, 2019: Checkout the Highlights from NYC on P³!
- Apr. 8, 2019: LINE Friends Store in Times Square
- Apr. 9, 2019: Popping into Rilakkuma with MomoKumo in NYC
- Apr. 9, 2019: Tune-In Tuesdays #13: In the RP2A Over the Sea by Doctor Octoroc
- Apr. 9, 2019: Tune-In Tuesdays #13 BONUS: Chipping into Different Tunes with Doctor Octoroc
- Apr. 10, 2019: What in the World Wednesdays #13: Dropping Truth Bomb Cyclones
- Apr. 11, 2019: Essay: “Cannabis: a Civil Right and Economic Miracle”
- Apr. 11, 2019: Longwood Gardens: Springing into the Peak of the Season
- Apr. 12, 2019: How to Get Your Medical Marijuana Card in Pennsylvania
- Apr. 12, 2019: Bug & XtaSeay’s Medical Marijuana Review: Sinderella by Grassroots
- Apr. 14, 2019: Weekly Newsletter #15: “Flower”-ing
- Apr. 14, 2019: Strain of the Week: Harlequin 1:1 by Cresco
- Apr. 16, 2019: Tune-In Tuesdays #14: Keying into KEEF
- Apr. 16, 2019: Checkout the Highlights from the Sakura Sunday on P³!
- Apr. 20, 2019: How to Celebrate 4/20 in Philly 2019
- Apr. 20, 2019: The History of Cannabis Use
- Apr. 21, 2019: Weekly Newsletter #16: “Hoppy” Easter
- Apr. 22, 2019: How CBD Took the World by Storm
- Apr. 23, 2019: Tune-In Tuesdays #15: Only Human by KEEF
- Apr. 23, 2019: 13 Real People Explain Why They Use CBD Oil For Anxiety by Miss Marijuana
- Apr. 24, 2019: Herbology’s Town Hall in Morton, Pa
- Apr. 25, 2019: Cannapause: Cannabis for Menopause by CannaLance
- Apr. 25, 2019: 10 Hempsational Facts About Hemp by CannaLance
- Apr. 28, 2019: Strain of the Week: Blue Lemonade
- Apr. 28, 2019: Why Do You Use Cannabis?
- Apr. 28, 2019: Weekly Newsletter #17: The 23rd Hour
- Apr. 30, 2019: Tune-In Tuesdays #16: Book of Dreams 2 by Sara Neal
- Apr. 30, 2019: Cannabis Culture: More Than Just Blowing Smoke
Going forward, we are truly looking forward to all of the content that is to come this May, which will revolve around the theme of culture. The fifth issue of The Burgundy Zine is scheduled for release on May 28th.
Until then, bug buddies!
Interested in having content featured in an upcoming blog or issue of The Burgundy Zine? Head on over to the submissions page!
For all other inquiries, please fulfill a contact form.
This entry was posted in 2019, Spring 2019, April 2019, 2019, Spring 2019, May 2019, Announcements, Newsletters, Monthly Newsletter and tagged in announcement, announcements, april 2019, burgundy zine, burgundyzine, burgundyzine.com, may 2019, monthly newsletter, Monthly Newsletter #4: Getting Down to Cannabusiness, monthly newsletter 4, newsletter, the burgundy zine.
The bug behind the blog… A cynical optimist, burgundy bug is the editor, graphic designer, and main photographer for The Burgundy Zine. Curiosity may have killed the cat, but it's got nothing on the bug. Her work embodies a wide variety of topics including: ecology, biology, neurology, cannabis, reviews, fashion, entertainment, and politics. If you are interested in learning more about the bug behind the blog or working with her, please visit our contact page.View more posts from this author