June 1, 2019
Monthly Newsletter #5: May the Culture Be with You
Gertrude Stein in Philadelphia, PaSource: Philadelphia in April | Penelope Peru Photography P³
Oh me, oh my. Oh me, oh May. Day by day, The Burgundy Zine was honored to celebrate our theme of culture throughout the month.
Although this month’s theme ended up being more geared towards specific subcultures, we truly enjoyed the unique perspectives shared by our contributors and interviewees alike.
After reviewing the highlights from April, we began this month with XtaSeay and I’s review of the Indica Remedi Transdermal Patches by Cresco for our Strain of the Week series.
Then, PA Purnell kickstarted our theme of culture with her essay, ‘I Am American.’
Then, Sorayah shared her photographs from Venice Beach, Calif with us.
Next, we took a moment to appreciate ‘The Evolution of Meme Culture.’
Then, we let out a deep breath as relief washed over us in, ‘Post Finals Week: The Come Down After the Crash.’
After reviewing ‘The French Art of Not Giving a Sh*t: Cut the Crap and Live Your Life,’ we gave some tips on ‘How to Dress for Work Without Sporting Floral Prints.’
Next, Chloe Fry shed some light on social media culture with her article, ‘Be Kinder to Yourself: Social Media.’
Then, we covered neurology professor Hayley Nelson, P.h.D and Tina Curry-Logan’s ‘Webinar: The Physiological Effects of a Life Out of Balance.’
Once we figured out ‘How Smoking was Denormalized,’ we reviewed LINE Corporation’s free to play app, ‘Little Wizard Sally.’
Towards the end of May, we interviewed kawaii mom, blogger, and social media influencer MomoKumo in, ‘Kicking it Kawaii Style with MomoKumo.’
Before the release of ‘The Burgundy Zine #5: Be Present – Culture,’ we interviewed the Calif-based indie band Gone Fishin’.
Then, Kara Masterson helped us switch gears into our theme of summer for the month of June with ‘Preparing Your Home for Summer: 4 Ways to Keep Your Family Cool and Content by Kara Masterson.’
Lastly, encouraged others to appreciate their roots in celebration of summer break with the post ‘Living on Vacation: Making the Most of Home During Summer Break.’
The following are a list of articles posted throughout May.
- May 1, 2019: Checkout the Highlights from April on P³!
- May 5, 2019: Monthly Newsletter #4: Getting Down to Cannabusiness
- May 5, 2019: Weekly Newsletter #18: Talk About a Short Week
- May 5, 2019: Checkout Owl and Laterz feat (Burgundy Bug)/draft/ by XtaSeay
- May 5, 2019: Strain of the Week: Indica Remedi Transdermal Patch by Cresco
- May 6, 2019: Essay: I Am American by PA Purnell
- May 7, 2019: Tune-In Tuesdays #17: An Open Letter by Nicotine
- May 7, 2019: Herbology’s Grand Opening in Morton, Pa
- May 8, 2019: Tea Around the World
- May 9, 2019: Photostory: Venice Beach by Sorayah
- May 9, 2019: The Evolution of Meme Culture
- May 10, 2019: Post Finals Week: The Come Down After the Crash
- May 12, 2019: Weekly Newsletter #19: Word to Your Mother
- May 12, 2019: The French Art of Not Giving a Sh*t: Cutting the Crap and Leaving a Review
- May 12, 2019: Strain of the Week: White Sour by Grassroots
- May 14, 2019: Tune-In Tuesdays #18: Champagne Galore by Elujay
- May 15, 2019: How to Dress for Work Without Sporting Floral Prints
- May 16, 2019: Be Kinder to Yourself: Social Media by Chloe Fry
- May 16, 2019: Webinar: The Physiological Effects of a Life Out of Balance
- May 17, 2019: Calling All Contributors – May 2019
- May 18, 2019: What is the Soda Tax?
- May 18, 2019: Tiny Living Culture – Is Van Life For Us? by Emily Barnes
- May, 19: 2019: Weekly Newsletter #20: Cultural Cravings
- May 19, 2019: Strain of the Week: Blueberry Budder by Liberty
- May 20, 2019: How Smoking was Denormalized
- May 21, 2019: Tune-In Tuesday #19: Thump by Gone Fishin’
- May 24, 2019: Checkout Pre Jams Smoke Jams by XtaSeay on SoundCloud!
- May 24, 2019: Checkout Whatever – INTERLUDE by XtaSeay on SoundCloud!
- May 25, 2019: Little Wizard Sally: The Perfect Pocket Pal
- May 26, 2019: Weekly Newsletter #21: Interviews, Points of Views, Woohoos!
- May 26, 2019: Strain of the Week: East Coast Sour Diesel Diamonds by Grassroots
- May 26, 2019: Kicking it Kawaii Style with MomoKumo
- May 26, 2019: A Multigenerational Look at Video Game Culture
- May 27, 2019: Philly Culture
- May 28, 2019: Tune-In Tuesdays #20: Keepin’ it ‘Reel’ with Gone Fishin’
- May 29, 2019: Preparing Your Home for Summer: 4 Ways to Keep Your Family Cool and Content by Kara Masterson
- May 30, 2019: State Rep. O’Mara Addresses Pressing Issues in Delco at the Morton Borough Hall
- May 31, 2019: Living on Vacation: Making the Most of Home During Summer Break
Going forward, you can break out the sunscreen and a pair of shades, ’cause The Burgundy Zine will be releasing an issue all about summer time on June 28th. If you are interested in submitting content for the June issue, please refer to our submissions page on our site.
Thank you again for another wonderful month!
Interested in having content featured in an upcoming blog post or issue of The Burgundy Zine? Head on over to the submissions page!
For all other inquiries, please fulfill a contact form.
This entry was posted in 2019, Summer 2019, June 2019, 2019, Spring 2019, May 2019, Announcements, Newsletters, Monthly Newsletter and tagged in announcements, burgundy zine, burgundyzine, burgundyzine.com, culture, highlights, may, may 2019, may newsletter, may the culture be with you, monthly newsletter, monthly newsletter #5, Monthly Newsletter #5: May the Culture Be with You, monthly newsletter may, monthly recap, newsletter, newsletter may, recap, the burgundy zine, updates.
A cynical optimist and mad scientist undercover, burgundy bug is the editor, graphic designer, webmaster, social media manager, and primary photographer for The Burgundy Zine. Entangled in a web of curiosity, burgundy bug’s work embodies a wide variety of topics including: neuroscience, psychology, ecology, biology, cannabis, reviews, fashion, entertainment, and politics. You can learn more about working with burgundy bug by visiting her portfolio website: burgundybug.comView more posts from this author