June 30, 2019
Monthly Newsletter #6: Jumping Into June
Snails on a piece of woodSource: Penelope Peru Photography p3
In spite of the heat, we kept it pretty cool here this month on The Burgundy Zine. Of course, we wouldn’t have been able to do it without the help of our talented guest contributors and interviewees.
After recapping the highlights from May, we jumped into June with XtaSeay and I’s review of Cresco’s Lime Sorbet Live Resin
Sauce for our Strain of the Week series.
Then, we learned more about ‘Save the Children,’ a non- profit organization dedicated towards helping youth around the globe.
Afterwards, we stopped by Krishna Persaud’s ‘Spoil Me’ cart at the Springfield Mall to learn more about her fine jewelry and migraine piercings.
Then, we investigated all the severe weather that’s been reining down on Pa, such as the unusual spike in tornado warnings.
Following our brief venture into meteorology, we covered the town hall held by Rep. Jennifer O’Mara (D-165) in Radnor.
In the celebration of pride month, Rebecca Gibson shared her story as a member of the LGBTQ community in, ‘The B Word and Its Influence.’
Then, we stressed the importance of summer skincare in our series of articles: ‘How to Shield Your Skin from Summer Sunshine,’ ‘What the Heck is SPF, Anyways?,’ and ‘What the Heck are UV Rays, Anyways?’
Continuing on a medical note, Winston delighted us with his ‘Ultimate CBD Dosage Guide.’
Afterwards, Ela Kaimo gave us a classic, light, summer make up tutorial.
Then, we highlighted some of our favorite summer nails of Instagram.
Next up, Fitness model, Nicolette Brignola, discussed her workout routine as well as her experience competing during our interview.
Switching gears, we dived further into the recent declaration of leopard seals, an arctic animal, as a resident species of New Zealand.
Then, we spoke with Michael Milstein, the public affairs officer of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration about the unusual mortality event pertaining to gray whales.
Shortly thereafter, we spoke to Haley Pavone, CEO of Pashion Footwear about the launch of her invention: heels that transform into flats in seconds with a simple twist and pull.
Just before the release of The Burgundy Zine #6, Smoki Daze blew our minds with her summer lookbook.
A few hours later, we covered our visit with a visit at Lush, where floor leader Amber “Ber” Mancini gave us an in-depth look at the ‘Shark Attack’ campaign, the history of Lush, as well as her own personal experience with the company.
Then, just before the clock struck 12, we released ‘The Burgundy Zine #6: Summer,’ which features articles about skin care, make up, fitness modeling, marine biology, cannabidiol (CBD), and more.
The following is a list of all articles posted on our blog throughout June:
- June 1, 2019: Monthly Newsletter #5: May the Culture Be with You
- June 1, 2019: Checkout the Highlights from May on P³!
- June 1, 2019: Songs of the Month: May 2019
- June 1, 2019: Calling All Contributors – June 2019
- June 2, 2019: Weekly Newsletter #22: Burnin’ Up
- June 2, 2019: Strain of the Week: Lime Sorbet Live Resin Sauce by Cresco
- June 3, 2019: Save the Children: Pathing the Way for a Better Future
- June 4, 2019: Tune-In Tuesdays #21: Leave Me Alone by Ethan Bortnick
- June 6, 2019: Body Piercings, Migraine Relief, and More at Spoil Me in the Springfield Mall
- June 8, 2019: What’s with the Weather in Pa?
- June 9, 2019: Weekly Newsletter #23: Rain, Rain, Will You Ever Go Away?
- June 9, 2019: State Rep. O’Mara’s Town Hall in Radnor
- June 9, 2019: Strain of the Week: CBD Five Vape Pen Starter Kit
- June 10, 2019: The B Word and Its Influence by Rebecca Gibson
- June 10, 2019: How to Shield Your Skin from Summer Sunshine
- June 10, 2019: What the Heck is SPF, Anyways?
- June 10, 2019: What the Heck Are UV Rays, Anyways?
- June 11, 2019: Tune-In Tuesdays #22: Perfect Pitch with Ethan Bortnick
- June 11, 2019: The Ultimate CBD Dosage Guide for Anxiety, Pain, Epilepsy, and More by Winston
- June 12, 2019: Summer Makeup Guide by Ela Kaimo
- June 12, 2019: Summer Nails of Instagram
- June 14, 2019: Fitness Modeling, The Industry, and Working Out with Nicolette Brignola
- June 16, 2019: Weekly Newsletter #24: Word to Your Father
- June 16, 2019: Only Positivity #1: Don’t Let To-Do Lists Run Your Life
- June 16, 2019: Strain of the Week: Malawi Memory Loss by Prime Wellness
- June 17, 2019: Leopard Seals: What It Means to Be a Resident of New Zealand
- June 17, 2019: Herbology’s Happy Hour in Philly
- June 18, 2019: Tune-In Tuesdays #23: April Showers by ProleteR
- June 23, 2019: Weekly Newsletter #25: Summer, Summer, Summertime
- June 23, 2019: Why We’re Seeing More Beached Gray Whales
- June 23, 2019: Strain of the Week: Orange Chem Soda by Prime Wellness
- June 25, 2019: Tune-In Tuesdays #24: My Favorite Song by Thiago Muller
- June 27, 2019: Digging Our Heels into Pashion Footwear with CEO Haley Pavone
- June 28, 2019: Summer Lookbook: Smoki Daze
- June 28, 2019: Shark Attack at Lush
- June 30, 2019: Weekly Newsletter #26: Hey, June, Don’t Make it Bad
Going forward, we’ll be wrapping this month up with photographs on Penelope Peru Photography throughout the week, as well as our monthly highlights.
Beginning July 1, we will be focusing on Art & Poetry for the next issue of The Burgundy Zine, scheduled for release on July 28th.
As always, we welcome you to submit your work for this next issue – whether it’s art, design, poetry, an article, photography, or music. After all, The Burgundy Zine wouldn’t be what it is today without you.
The deadline to submit to the July issue of our magazine is July 27th.
You can send your work on over through the submissions page on our blog, or email the editor directly: email@example.com
Until next month,
Interested in having content featured in an upcoming blog post or issue of The Burgundy Zine? Head on over to the submissions page!
For all other inquiries, please fulfill a contact form.
This entry was posted in 2019, Summer 2019, June 2019, Announcements, Newsletters, Monthly Newsletter and tagged in announcement, announcements, burgundy zine, burgundyzine, burgundyzine.com, journalism, jumping into june, june 2019, monthly newsletter, monthly newsletter #6, Monthly Newsletter #6: Jumping Into June, news, newsletter, newsletters, subscribe, the burgundy zine, update, updates, writing.
A cynical optimist and mad scientist undercover, burgundy bug is the editor, graphic designer, webmaster, social media manager, and primary photographer for The Burgundy Zine. Entangled in a web of curiosity, burgundy bug’s work embodies a wide variety of topics including: neuroscience, psychology, ecology, biology, cannabis, reviews, fashion, entertainment, and politics. You can learn more about working with burgundy bug by visiting her portfolio website: burgundybug.comView more posts from this author