May 21, 2020
THE BURGUNDY ZINE KICKSTARTER IS NOW LIVE!
The Burgundy Zine Merch Store campaign is live on Kickstarter!Source: The Burgundy Zine
DRAWING TABLETS OUT, GET YOUR COMPUTER MICE READY. THE BURGUNDY ZINE MERCH STORE CAMPAIGN IS NOW LIVE ON KICKSTARTER!
As a writer whose passion is rooted in the very moment I first took a pencil to paper, I can wholeheartedly say these are the moments where I feel the English language does not suffice in capturing the full extent of my emotions.
Currently, I’m sitting cross-legged in my computer chair (I’m too short for my feet to stay firmly planted on the floor), mustering every fiber of my being to keep myself contained enough to hammer out each word of this post. My chest is aswarm with giddy, awe, and sentiment, my brain is lit by a display of synaptic fireworks as neurons shoot off in excitement.
First and foremost, I can’t thank our community enough for… Well, everything in the last year. And I know I’ll say that again once the Kickstarter has ended, but the gratitude is overwhelming and infinitely heartwarming. Your support for The Burgundy Zine from the very beginning has been one of the most wholesome experiences of my entire life.
Okay, mush-gushy-love bug aside though (I need to stop myself while I’m ahead), let’s recap once again what the rewards will look like for those who back The Burgundy Zine Merch Store campaign.
The Burgundy Zine Merch Store Campaign
Campaign Backer Rewards
Samples of the digital art rewards for The Burgundy Zine Merch Store campaign backersSource: The Burgundy Zine
- $1 Pledge – A custom e-thank you card
- $5 Pledge – Five sets of digital stickers and a custom e-thank you card
- $10 Pledge – Two pieces of pre-made digital art, five sets of digital stickers, and a custom e-thank you card
- $25 Pledge – One vector portrait commission, five sets of digital stickers, and a custom e-thank you card
- $35 Pledge – One digital cartoon-style portrait commission, 10 sets of digital stickers, a free shipping coupon for the merch store, and a custom e-thank you card
- $50 Pledge – One digital illustration commission, 10 sets of digital stickers, a free shipping coupon for the merch store, and a custom e-thank you card
- $75 Pledge – One 800 to 1,500 word article commission, 10 sets of digital stickers, a free shipping coupon for the merch store, and a custom e-thank you card
- $100 Pledge – One digital illustration commission, a coupon for 75 free stickers from the merch store, 10 sets of digital stickers, a free shipping coupon for the merch store, and a custom e-thank you card
- $125 Pledge – One digital illustration commission, one digital cartoon-style portrait commission, 15 sets of digital stickers, a free shipping coupon for the merch store, a 20 percent off coupon for the merch store, a custom e-thank you card
- $200 Pledge – $200 merch store credit, a free shipping coupon, two pieces of pre-made digital art, 15 sets of digital stickers, a custom e-thank you card
- $300 Pledge – A custom zine of your own articles, artwork, and photography; 15 sets of digital stickers, a free shipping coupon, and a custom e-thank you card
Pre-made v.s. Commission: Pre-made digital artwork and stickers have been made to distribute to our campaign backers. Whereas commissions are custom pieces specifically created for our backers. You will be contacted in reference to commission rewards to gather details about the piece you would like us to create for you.
If we do not hear back from you about the commission details, you will still receive something personally drawn for you, but what we create will be up to us since we didn’t hear any feedback/specific requests.
Digital sticker sheets: Each digital sticker sheet contains 10 unique stickers as transparent PNG images that you can place anywhere your heart desires. Put them on your photos, your selfies, your website, social media – go wild!
Coupons and store credits can be redeemed once the merch store has launched. We’re aiming to have the store up and running later this year, between fall and winter 2020.
All other rewards will be distributed during the summer of 2020, closer to August.
All rewards for this campaign will be distributed digitally. Due to the ongoing coronavirus pandemic, we are proactively doing our part to prevent the spread of the virus. Although we can guarantee our handmade products have been created in a contaminant-free space, we want to take every precaution we can. Thus, all rewards for this campaign will be distributed digitally.
However, once the piece has been sent to you, you are more than welcome to print and display it wherever you please!
Thank you for understanding. We send our love and support to our readers and contributors, as well as their loved ones and neighbors throughout this time period.
How Your Pledge Helps Us
The funds from The Burgundy Zine Merch Store campaign will help us cover:
- The cost of the equipment needed
- The Shopify server fees for one year
- The P.O. Box fees for one year
- Our website server and domain fee for one year
- The supplies needed to get started (sticker paper, printer ink, etc…)
- Shipping (postage and packaging)
Why We’re Launching a Merch Store
It’s our priority to see through that our community continues to grow and blossom. In our eyes, The Burgundy Zine Merch Store will allow us to sustain our online community while giving our audience a tangible piece of ourselves.
We also see The Burgundy Zine Merch Store expanding as another platform for us to collaborate with artists and musicians to help promote and sell their work.
In the long run, we hope The Burgundy Zine Merch Store will enable us to begin printing physical copies of our digital magazine. We’re often asked by our readers and contributors how they can obtain a physical copy of The Burgundy Zine, and considering that we’re a self-funded publication, we’re currently only able to provide free copies of The Burgundy Zine digitally.
We’re aiming to change that. The Burgundy Zine will still publish digital copies of our magazine for free, and our merch store will provide us an avenue to move forward with printing The Burgundy Zine – if not every issue, then at least on a quarterly basis.
What’s in Stores for The Burgundy Zine Merch Store
Upon launch, we plan on releasing digital and physical stickers, original artworks, prints, hand-made cards, art commissions, and t-shirts.
As the shop continues to expand, so will our inventory. We are also interested in selling pins, buttons, hats, key chains, accessories, music, e-books, and print copies of The Burgundy Zine.
Giving back to the community is one of our core values at The Burgundy Zine. We would also like to release series of products where a portion of the proceeds are donated to non-profit organizations.
We appreciate your time and support, bug buddies! We’re looking forward to this next part of our journey and it means the world to us for you to take these next steps with our community.
Thank you GIFSource: GIPHY
Interested in having content featured in an upcoming blog post or issue of The Burgundy Zine? Head on over to the submissions page!
For all other inquiries, please fulfill a contact form.