April 25, 2019
10 Hempsational Facts About Hemp by CannaLance
Field of hempSource: 10 Hempsational Facts About Hemp | CannaLance
Hemp is quite possibly the most incredible, edible, buildable, wearable, usable, renewable plant on the planet! Hemp has a long history with humankind and has benefited us in many ways throughout its history.
Hemp comes in two basic varieties. One being industrial hemp and the other being agricultural hemp.
Industrial hemp makes for great building material such as Hempcrete. It also produces good seed for livestock feed.
Agricultural hemp is more for making medicine such as CBD tinctures and dietary needs like the super health food, hemp seeds.
Five Interesting Facts About the Composition of Hemp:
- Hemp contains a vital building block for life called gamma-linolenic acid, which is also present in breast milk.
- There are approximately 10 grams of protein in one ounce of hemp seeds.
- Hemp seeds make a hempsational source for obtaining iron, magnesium, and zinc.
- Omega-3s are found abundant in hemp seed.
- One ounce of hemp seeds provides an average of 77-percent of the daily recommended value (DRV) of vitamin E.
Hemp seedsSource: 10 Hempsational Facts About Hemp | CannaLance
Five Interesting Facts About the Uses of Hemp:
- Growing hemp leaves the soil in better condition than before it was planted, making hemp excellent for repairing damaged soil or for use as a rotation crop.
- More than 50,000 products that we use today could be made from hemp.
- At one time in America, you could pay your taxes using hemp as payment.
- Hemp could help save and sustain family farms providing generations to come with stability.
- Hemp has one of the strongest and longest plant fibers on earth making it great for all kinds of things like building stealth fighter bodies, cars, houses, surfboards, and more.
Hempsational hemp could save the planet, if we allow it.
By using products made from hemp, we can help reduce the environmental footprint we leave behind.
For more information on hemp be sure to visit the NIA (National Hemp Association.)
Head on over to CannaLance for the latest in cannabis, as well as cannabis freelance writing services!
Interested in having content featured in an upcoming blog or issue of The Burgundy Zine? Head on over to the submissions page!
For all other inquiries, please fulfill a contact form.