Hey bug buddies,
We’ve taken some of our most frequently asked questions and put ’em all right here, just for you. If what you’re looking for isn’t here, no worries! Our inbox is always open. Feel free to direct your inquiries to our contact page.
More information can also be found on our about page.
What is The Burgundy Zine
We feature a diverse body of content, whether it’s related to ecology, biology, neurology, cannabis, fashion, entertainment, or politics. The Burgundy Zine is also proud to feature guest contributors from all around the globe.
If you are interested in submitting content to our blog or digital magazine, head on over to our submissions page. Advertisers are also welcome to checkout our marketing page.
How Do I Submit Content to The Burgundy Zine?
All content can be submitted through our website or sent to the editor directly: email@example.com. Any accompanying files, such as pictures, video, audio, etc… can be forwarded to the editor via email, Google Drive, or Dropbox.
More submission guidelines for writing, art, photography, and music can be found on our submissions page.
What’s the Catch?
We feature just about any and all content submitted to us, whether it’s an article, a photo story, a song, or an album. You might find yourself in a bind if your submission is wildly inappropriate – and even then, it’d have to be pretty extreme for us to turn you away.
You will be credited by name/pen name for your submission and we’ll link back to your website, plus any social media you tell us to mention. You’ll also be tagged on social media when we share the post, so long as we can find your page.
Do You Pay Contributors?
Currently, The Burgundy Zine is run by one person; a college student who’s living off of part-time income and freelance writing. The entire website is self-funded.
In the future, however, we would like to pay contributors! It’s just not possible right now.
We truly appreciate all of our guest contributors who have submitted content and understand the situation. It means a lot to us, really.
Are You Guys Hiring?
However, that’s not to say we’re completely against the idea, either. If you’d like to join the team as a writer, graphic designer, social media manager, etc… please contact us.
On the other hand, you are always more than welcome to submit as much content as you want as often as you want. You could become a regular contributor!
Who’s the Editor?
Who Else Works on The Burgundy Zine?
Her partner, XtaSeay, also contributes to our weekly cannabis review series, Strain of the Week.
Is There Anything Else I Should Know About The Burgundy Zine?
Here are the fun facts:
• The Burgundy Zine was started in Dec 2018.
• In the last eight months, we’ve had over 30 guest writers, featured over 20 musicians, and have interviewed over 30 people.
• The Burgundy Zine was originally intended to be a small, monthly zine of about 15 pages. The last few issues have been over 100 pages.
• The origin of burgundy bug’s name is disappointingly simple; her favorite color is burgundy and she likes to photograph bugs, particularly butterflies and bees.
• burgundy bug is also allergic to bees. Oops.
• burgundy bug and XtaSeay have been medical marijuana patients for over a year.
• burgundy bug is closing in on two associates degrees and plans on getting her graduate degree in Science Journalism. Bonus fun fact: she also graduated high school two years early.
• We love to do interviews! Enough about us, tell us about yourself.
Again, if you’ve still got a burning question that wasn’t answered here, please send your inquiry through our contact page!