Hey bug buddies,
We’ve taken some of our most frequently asked questions and put ’em all right here, just for you. If what you’re looking for isn’t here, no worries! Our inbox is always open. Feel free to direct your inquiries to our contact page.
More information can also be found on our about page.
What is The Burgundy Zine
We feature a diverse body of content, whether it’s related to ecology, biology, neurology, cannabis, fashion, entertainment, or politics. The Burgundy Zine is also proud to feature guest contributors from all around the globe.
If you are interested in submitting content to our blog or digital magazine, head on over to our submissions page. Advertisers are also welcome to checkout our marketing page.
How Do I Submit Content to The Burgundy Zine?
All content can be submitted through our website or sent to the editor directly: firstname.lastname@example.org. Any accompanying files, such as pictures, video, audio, etc… can be forwarded to the editor via email, Google Drive, or Dropbox.
More submission guidelines for writing, art, photography, and music can be found on our submissions page.
Will I Be Credited for My Work?
You will be credited by name, pen name, or blog (please let us know which you prefer) in the byline of the post with links to your website along with any social media you would like us to include in the footer of the post.
In the magazine, you will be listed in the credits within the first few pages of the magazine and will be credited in the byline of the article, as well.
Will my work be edited?
The Burgundy Zine is published in US-English and loosely follows AP style
(we refuse to drop the Oxford comma ). All submissions will be edited by us to follow these guidelines.
What’s the Catch?
We feature just about any and all content submitted to us, whether it’s an article, a photo story, a song, or an album. You might find yourself in a bind if your submission is wildly inappropriate – and even then, it’d have to be pretty extreme for us to turn you away.
You will be credited by name/pen name for your submission and we’ll link back to your website, plus any social media you tell us to mention. You’ll also be tagged on social media when we share the post, so long as we can find your page.
Do You Pay Contributors?
Currently, The Burgundy Zine is run by one person; a college student who’s living off of part-time income and freelance writing. The entire website is self-funded.
In the future, however, we would like to pay contributors! It’s just not possible right now.
We truly appreciate all of our guest contributors who have submitted content and understand the situation. It means a lot to us, really.
Are You Guys Recruiting?
In Jan. 2020, we launched our application page for The Burgundy Zine, which you can find more information about here.
Who’s the Editor?
Who Else Works on The Burgundy Zine?
Her partner, XtaSeay, also contributes to our cannabis review series, Strain of the Week.
Is There Anything Else I Should Know About The Burgundy Zine?
Here are the fun facts:
• The Burgundy Zine was started on Dec. 13, 2018.
• In one year, we’ve had over 100 guest contributors, featured over 100 musicians, and have interviewed almost 70 people.
• The Burgundy Zine was originally intended to be a small, monthly zine of about 15 pages. The last few issues have been over 100 pages.
• The origin of burgundy bug’s name is disappointingly simple; her favorite color is burgundy and she likes to photograph bugs, particularly butterflies and bees.
• burgundy bug is also allergic to bees. Oops.
• burgundy bug and XtaSeay have been medical marijuana patients for over a year.
• burgundy bug has recently graduated with associate degrees in liberal arts and journalism. She plans on getting her graduate degree in Science Journalism. Bonus fun fact: she also graduated high school two years early.
• We love to do interviews! Enough about us, tell us about yourself.
Again, if you’ve still got a burning question that wasn’t answered here, please send your inquiry through our contact page!