March 10, 2021
Calling All Contributors — April 2021
By: burgundy bug
Calling all contributors for The Burgundy Zine #18: Imagination RecapturedSource: The Burgundy Zine
Calling all contributors! If you’re a writer, artist, photographer, model, or musician interested in having your work featured in “The Burgundy Zine #18: Imagination Recaptured,” you’ve come to the right place.
UPDATE (Apr. 5, 2021): We have rescheduled the release of The Burgundy Zine #18 as well as our Tune-in Tuesdays #100 special. More information is available here.
UPDATE (June 3, 2021): We have officially announced the new release date for “The Burgundy Zine #18: Imagination Recaptured” in July 28, 2021. As such, the new deadline to submit content is July 14, 2021. More information is available here.
You will receive full credit for your contribution to the magazine. We will link back to your website and any social media you would like us to include, as well.
In your submission, please specify your preferred pen name and what links you would like us to feature.
Any photos accompanying your work can be sent to us via Google Drive, Dropbox, WeTransfer, or email: email@example.com.
About This Issue
“The Burgundy Zine #18: Imagination Recaptured” is centered around the rebirth and revival of The Burgundy Zine with our 2021 relaunch.
The title of the zine was inspired by the lyric, “Oh, that magic feeling, nowhere to go” in “You Never Give Me Your Money” by The Beatles.
We’re currently in an era of rapid scientific discovery and advancement — “that magic feeling” — yet, these major discoveries seem like background noise, drown out by the fact that we’re all at home with “nowhere to go.”
Since our reboot, we’ve continued to cover a few of these discoveries, just as we would’ve before, with the intent of recapturing that “magic feeling” through the imagination of our community.
Education is a powerful tool for fueling the imagination, after all.
What We’re Looking For
As always, we’re looking to feature writers, artists, photographers, musicians, and models on our site and in our publication.
“Imagination Recaptured” is a broad theme, thus we encourage you to submit work that reflects your wildest dreams and curiosities.
What’s the Catch?
Please note that we do charge a one-time $10 (USD) fee for all new guest contributors to our platform.
If you have previously been featured by our publication, you will not be subject to a fee for your submission.
We also charge fees for the following advertising services:
- Music promotion
- Individual music submissions — $5 (USD)
- One-month of unlimited music submissions — $5 (USD)
- Magazine advertising
- Half-page advertisement — $15 (USD)
- Full-page advertisement — $25 (USD)
- Two-page advertisement — $50 (USD)
- Graphic design fee (optional add-on) — $10 (USD)
- Website advertising
- Link features/Backlinks: $10 (USD)
- Sidebar advertisement: $15/month (USD)
- Footer advertisement: $25/month (USD)
More information about our fees are available on our submissions (click here for the music section) and advertising pages.
Ready to start submitting content? Click here!
Otherwise, keep on reading for more information about “The Burgundy Zine #18: Imagination Recaptured.”
The sky’s the limit — and even then, we encourage you to blast off into outer space with your ideas. Whether you’re an author, a researcher, a recipe writer, a style expert, or a poet, we have a place for you in our digital magazine.
Generally speaking, our guidelines for writers are quite broad:
- SUBMIT A LINK TO YOUR WRITING OR SEND IT TO US AS A WORD DOCUMENT/GOOGLE DOC: please do not paste your entire article in the message box of our submissions page.
- No minimum or maximum word-length: We recommend anywhere between 300 to 1,500 words, but writing more (or less) than that is fine with us!
- Please cite all of your information from credible sources: research journals, government organizations, and so forth
- Media: Please ensure that all media included is free to use and provide a link to the original source of your media
- External links are cool with us!
- Affiliate links: If your work features affiliate links, please make sure it is explicitly stated at the top of the article
- Editing: The Burgundy Zine is published in US-English and loosely follows AP style. All submissions will be edited by us to follow these guidelines.
Artists, Photographers, or Models
Please forward us a link to your artwork/photos or send the file(s) to us via email, Google Drive, Dropbox, or WeTransfer: firstname.lastname@example.org
Every week, we release interviews as well as song, album, and music video reviews for our “Tune-In Tuesdays” series.
In each issue of our digital magazine, we release a “music spotlight” highlighting the music that’s been sent to us. Every “music spotlight” we release is compiled in a Spotify playlist that’s released along with the digital magazine, too!
If you’re interested in having your music featured on our blog, digital magazine, and in our Spotify playlists, please send us a link to your work along with any relevant information (press releases, photographs, and social media profiles, for example).
We’re looking forward to collaborating with you. <3
The Burgundy Zine
Subscribe to have Burgundy Zine content sent directly to your email inbox!